Key Takeaways from the Panelists
- Rules of engagement: be crystal clear and intentional about roles and responsibilities in all aspects of the sales process and who is responsible for what in each part.
- Invest in enablement so each role has sufficient product knowledge to participate in each step of the sales process.
- Be customer-centric: whether you’re an account executive (AE) or sales engineer (SE), make sure that the customer’s journey is most important.
- Align through training: teach the technique of discovery each role will do (AE vs SE) at the same time.
- Invest in the technical skill level of your AEs: the more you expand what they can cover, the better your team alignment will be!